Monday 27 January 2014

A Quick Update - Rachel Jarratt



This is my current project - Rachel Jarratt from The Scarlet Letter. She is a sampler I have admired for a long time but needed to build up my confidence to stitch.

With the help of my pin pals, particularly Kate from Poundng Sand (thank you Kate)  I have been stitching away and there is only one more band plus some personalisation (of course) to stitch and some more of the endless eyelets on Band 7 to complete.



I love the sheen from the AVAS thread.



There is so much I love about this sampler.


The band below is my favourite. I have some more work to do on this section with the Algerian eyelets which I am stitching instead of Queen stitches. Personally I think they give a finer more appealing look on this particular sampler.


The next section is a whtework band which was stitched in pink on the orginal but I am going for AVAS 3026 Darke Rose which is the colour off the flower in Band 7 and the four sided squares in 2235 Gold. I think it will tie it all together.

The design of my own band that I am adding at the end is nearly finished, I am just playing around with a few more ideas.

I do have a quilt on the go at the moment and my Saxony Sampler which is being stitched as a SAL with some friends, however, I am unable to share these with you as I am sat in Archie's nursery as he sleeps in his cot. I have my Nanas's hat on today and am looking after him. He makes the sweetest little noises as he sleeps - I wonder what he dreams of ..........