Tuesday 7 May 2013

Aristo Lap Stand and Margin Allowances

I have been lucky enough to receive my Aristo Lap Stand, they are like hen's teeth to get hold of the demand is so high.

I have been using it today and am so pleased.


I have posted a new video of the Aristo Lap Stand onto youtube.









I am really looking forward to using this. It is so versatile. I will be able to stitch just about anywhere using my Millennium Frame.


I have been asked about how much fabric I allow for attaching my linen to the Millennium Frame.

It is always a personal choice and my way is not to say that someone else's isn't a better way.

Here is Joanna Warren.

I have started two inches below the edge of the dowel securing the fabric.

I would have been clear of the top bar if I started 1.5 inches down but I prefer to have generous margins as I like to have mounts around my work when framed.




The fabric trapped under the dowel is 1 inch.



It is the same which ever way up you like to work. This is my favourite.




Therefore, the minimum I believe that you can get away with is 2.5 inches but I tend to work with 3.0 inches if I have enough fabric. I have got away with a little less than 2.5 inches when I was squeezing a project onto some linen but I would not recommend it.

I hope this has helped.

As I have been typing this post I have received two text messages, the first from Ray.




This is Ailsa Craig an uninhabited island they have passed today on route to Scotland. 

The sea conditions are perfect.




He has made good progress today. Liverpool to Largs. Bad weather is coming in so they will probably hole up in Largs for a few days. 

The second text was from Archie.



Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx