Thursday 12 April 2012

Nine Days to the Wedding


Ann Medd 

Firstly I want to apologise for not being in contact with my pin pals. The wedding arrangements have taken over my life at the moment. I can't believe that there are only nine days left.

Ann is back from the framers but I will not be hanging her until after the wedding.

Here are some close up shots.

Ann Medd

Ann Medd


Ann Medd



Ann Medd

Ann Medd

I have dedicated Ann to our home Trewoon which is 100 years old this year.


Here is Ann being stretched at the framers. James does an excellent job and we are very lucky to have a framers in such a small village.




I was pleased with the frame and the warmth of the wood enhances the colours in Ann. Being a small framers there isn't a huge choice.

Ann Medd


I have finished off The Lace Garden and it is now at the framers.


The Lace Garden - Cols Creations

I am taking the opportunity between projects to finish off my contribution to our WI's entry for the Royal Cornwall Show.

I have decided that my next big project will be Victoria Samplers' Alphabet series stitched as one large piece. I have had this kitted up for some time and I feel very guilty not having started it before as it is the most expensive piece I have ever had to kit up and it has been sat in my sewing room for six months calling me every time I walk in.

I adore Thea's designs which are exquisite and it is always a joy to be working with the luxuriant threads, beads and speciality stitches called for. Thistle Threads'eighteen month course "Cabinet of Curiosities" starts in May and I think that this will be a good project to lead up to designing the panels for my cabinet.

We are really panicking about the wedding. The marquee is going in the sand school but as you can see the builders have been using it.






This was the wall and entrance to the area on Sunday, as you can see it is not finished.




The marquee and toilets are being erected on Wednesday and Thursday and this whole area has to be landscaped by Tuesday !!!!!

The bans were read for the third time on Easter Sunday and after the church service we went back to the farm for a delicious lunch with Chris and Kate and her parents and a walk around the lakes.

A lamb had been born the day before, he is such a cutie.





Sorry that it is only a quick post but I promise to catch up after the wedding.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx