Saturday 10 March 2012

Mullion Women's Institute Spring Show


Mullion WI Spring Show

Today was a glorious warm spring day and the scent of daffodils filled the air. It was a perfect day for Mullion's Spring Show which was very well supported with enteries from all over the Lizard Peninsula and Helston.

This beautiful wall hanging was my favourite entry in handicrafts and it was a worthy winner of the applique class. I didn't mind coming second with my cushion. Val's work was perfection and her attention to detail was amazing.




I had a second place in patchwork




Val won this class as well with a beautiful patchwork bag.




I had a first with my gingerbread house sewing etui in the any other craft category. (I ran out of battery so have had to show photographs taken previously).










I had a first in pillows and best in show with the ring bearer's pillow.




I loved this beaded pillow, the work that went into in was very fine.



I had a first in self coloured embroidery with a piece of blackwork.




The white work piece that came second was beautiful and I was lucky not to have been beaten my this.



The most important class for me was cross stitch and hurray Dutch Beauty got first place. My battery had died by the time I got to the cross stitch table. I am  so disappointed not to be able to show you the other enteries. There were two exceptionally nice pieces which caught my eye and I had not seen the designs before. I thought that I could have been beaten by either of those pieces.

I was thrilled at the end to have most points in handicrafts and most points for a first time entrant and I ended up with three cups.

I was really surprised to get most points in photography as well so I had a fourth cup. You could have two enteries per class and I had hoped to do well with the bird category.

I had a first with a robin shot and second with a blue  **** shot







I had a first in transport. This is how the village mail is delivered.




First in Family Celebration




 Second in country scene



Second in coastal scene



A very successful day with beginner's luck. Thank you Mrs Trenoweth for judging my ring bearer's pillow for your Best in Show. I am honoured and humbled.

Here are some other enteries that I captured as I worked my way down the tables.




















I wish my battery hadn't died there was so much more to capture in handicrafts, photography, baking and preserves and flowers.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx