Monday 5 March 2012

Life is a ride it goes up and down


Ann Medd - Day 43

I am now stitching the section that I have been most looking forward to doing.


Ann Medd - Day 43

It was meant to be stitched mostly in tent but after working a section I decided that I did not like the effect it created and ripped it out and started again in cross stitch. I know that it is a lot more work but I think that it is worth it.

I have taken another two liberties with the design. This section was slightly off centre so I have extended the left hand side (as you look at it) by several threads and edged the section in the darker blue all the way around. It was charted for the top and right border and about a quarter of the left border only and this looked odd to me.

There are approximately 25,000 full cross stitches in this section.




I have been drawn to this section because of the beautiful turquoises and the fluidity of the shapes, It reminds me of the stainglass windows in my hall and landing.



I designed these windows in 2003 when we first bought the house. My design was based on the colours and movement of the sea.




I think that when finished Ann Medd will look good hung near these windows in the gap between paintings.

I am very conscious that I have not blogged lately. I am very sorry but life has been very hectic lately for various reasons. I want my blog to be positive so I won't go into all the ins and outs, however I do want to share with you a special family occasion that took place this weekend back in Wales.




My parents celebrated their Golden Wedding anniversary. It was a truly happy occasion.




Congratulations Mummy and Daddy you are a very special couple and the bestiest parents we three girls could have.

We have the W.I. Spring Show on Saturday and I am going to enter some of my work. I can only enter one piece in the cross stitch section and am stuck on which piece.

HELP - would you enter Dutch Beauty (stitched on 32ct) or And They Sinned (stitched on 28ct) ?

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx