Monday 19 March 2012

A fine landscape is like a piece of music, it must be taken at the right tempo

Ann Medd - Day 64

I haven't managed to get as many hours stitching as normal over the last two weeks. The garden has been calling me with the fine weather.


Ann Medd - Day 64

I have finished the last section and all I have left to do is the verses down both sides and the bottom dedication which I am changing to personalise the sampler. I did intend to alternate the verses with the bottom section but I was enjoying stitching it so much I couldn't bring myself to leave it.

The sheep reminded me of my son's flock.




He has some very cute lambs at the moment.




This one is doing very well and is much bigger and plumper than all the rest.

He will be having some calves born in  a few months time. He keeps Dexters which are small hardy cattle.




This was one of last year's calves.




They really are mini cows

Yesterday was Mother's Day in the UK. Ray couldn't be here and has had to go back to Wales for a few days so I spent the day at the farm. Chris and Kate took me and Kate's parents out to lunch and we had a lovely meal.


The farm house

I have taken some pictures of the on going work at the farm. It will not be ready for the wedding but we still have four weeks to go so it will look better than these pictures.





This is the first section of the courtyard which will be used as offices.





This is the second section, again to be used as offices. Kate's Mum is in the picture.




This is the third section and will be used as stables.




This is the other side of the archway with my son Chris in the picture.



Here is the stable block.


As you can see there is a lot of making good to do. Please pray for dry weather as we will be laying huge amounts of concrete soon.





After lunch we went for a walk around the lake that the farm looks over with all the dogs. Cassie and Wellie like swimming. When Wellie gets tired she gets on her Mum's back for a ride back to shore.

Today has been the most glorious day of the year so far.


Poldhu Cove - seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

This is the Poldhu Cove at 10.00am, the photo has had no editing, the colours are true. You can see why so many people come here to paint.


It was a day to spend out of doors so I went not for a walk but a hike with Poppy and Blue.




We have seen nature at its best today.




The gorse is in full bloom and their scent is everywhere. It always reminds me of sun cream and holidays.




The bees were busy.




We walked along the coast path for a little while and the air coming off the sea was so pure it was good to stand and take deep breaths. We then cut in land for a woodland walk.




We haven't had much rain lately but we still managed to find lots of mud. Blue and Poppy like mud and puddles and always make a bee line towards them.




We didn't see a soul in the woodland and it was so nice to sit by this stream for a while listening to the water running over the stones and watching the light shining down through the branches and playing on the water.




We walked through several newly ploughed fields




and fields that had been partially picked. A glimpse of Poldhu Cove in the distance was very welcome as we were all starting  to tire.




We came across this cute little building. It was tiny and very old.




When we got home Poppy made straight for her favourite drinking bowl.




and Blue collapsed in the shade.

Just before I sign off I thought that I would share with you some new linen I have purchased for The Chocolate Box.


The Chocolate Box a luxury thatched holiday cottage at Poldhu Cove, Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall.
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

When I saw this set  I thought it looked so crisp and fresh.

Tonight I shall be stitching the verse for the "F" and "G" and listening to my current audio book by Lynda la Plant. I think that Dancing With The Stars is starting tonight in the USA. This is one of my guilty pleasures but I will have to wait to watch it on youtube as it is not shown in the UK. This season I am routing for Kathryn Jenkins as she is from Wales. If she dances as well as she sings we will be in a for a treat.



Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx