Wednesday 8 February 2012

Ann Medd - Day 13 Progress


Ann Medd - Day 13

Ann M is growing and I am throughly enjoying sewing every stitch. Ray who always takes a keen interest is particularly taken with her so I have decided that for now that I will continue with Ann M and leave Ann Dale for the moment.

Ann Medd - Day 13

I substituted the little deer with a crown which I felt balanced better with the other side.

Ann Medd - Day 13

I really like the individual colours and the way that Ann M combined her colours.

I have had a quick look on Ancestry.co.uk and I think that Ann came from Yorkshire, if anyone knows any information about Ann I would be very grateful if you would contact me.

I went to the craft section of the WI today and had a lovely fish and chip lunch with the other ladies after class.

I sat next to an elderly lady who had been a PA to someone very high up in Pinewood Studios during their heyday. I could have sat all day listening to her reminisce about the Sean Connery Bond movies and the Carry On films being made.

She was fascinating and although she never married her life was action packed. As a young lady she traveled  by herself to America and then by train to Toronto and worked her way around Canada which was very daring in those days.


Multiplication Sampler - Historical Sampler Company


Whilst I had my camera out today I thought that I would photograph another piece that I have worked.

I have been asked to show where I hung ATS so here she is in my hallway. You can see Dutch Beauty as well. You can get a sense of her size.




It is a cold but clear day and the birds have been busy at the feeders.

Photographed by seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk in the Cornish seaside garden of the luxury holiday cottage By The Seashore at Trewoon, Poldhu Cove, Mullion, Lizard

We have a small pond by the feeders (Poppy and Blue like to drink from here too) and the birds use it.


Photographed by seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk in the Cornish seaside garden of the luxury holiday cottage By The Seashore at Trewoon, Poldhu Cove, Mullion, Lizard

This male chaffinch is a cheeky little chap and wasn't bothered by me at all.


Photographed by seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk in the Cornish seaside garden of the luxury holiday cottage By The Seashore at Trewoon, Poldhu Cove, Mullion, Lizard

This little one was perched on top of the tree for ages and seemed to be dozing off at one point.

Photographed by seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk in the Cornish seaside garden of the luxury holiday cottage By The Seashore at Trewoon, Poldhu Cove, Mullion, Lizard

I just love the expression on his face.



Photographed by seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk in the Cornish seaside garden of the luxury holiday cottage By The Seashore at Trewoon, Poldhu Cove, Mullion, Lizard

The blackbird was busy searching out food underneath the fallen leaves.

Photographed by seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk in the Cornish seaside garden of the luxury holiday cottage By The Seashore at Trewoon, Poldhu Cove, Mullion, Lizard
Competition was fierce for pole position at the feeders.

Photographed by seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk in the Cornish seaside garden of the luxury holiday cottage By The Seashore at Trewoon, Poldhu Cove, Mullion, Lizard

I have a million and one things to do and unless the fairies are coming to help I had better get started.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx