Friday 6 January 2012

A hug is a great gift - one size fits all




Hurray - they have arrived !!   Can you believe it, both the first and second replacement order were delivered by the postman today. I have gone from not having these colours to having too many.

Cleejoow said she was going to pray to the saint of postmen for me yesterday. Cleejoow please can you pray to the saint of the lottery winners for me as well ?

A girl can never have too many threads especially when they are from GAT. I plan to offer the And They Sinned pattern as a giveaway when I have finished it and I will include some of the surplus threads as a start towards kitting it out.

The postman also delivered this beautiful Marie Suarez pattern.


Les boules de Noel - Christmas balls

Aren't they gorgeous. I intend to make some of these balls for my Christmas tree. It will be a great way to use up some threads and small waste linen pieces.

I must post some photos of  Marie's samplers that I have stitched. Her designs are unique.

It has been a very busy day at Trewoon. We have had to "changeover" two cottages today and one of the ladies who helps me was ill and could not assist and another was on holiday. It has been all hands to the deck as besides the normal cleaning I had to pack away  the Christmas decorations in each cottage.

Never mind we are all finished now, just in time for our new arrivals who are all regular visitors.





The single lady who came to recuperate turned out to be quite a well known international dancer and choreographer, she enjoyed her stay so much she didn't want to leave but unfortunately the cottage was already taken for this forthcoming week. She is now retuning next weekend to stay another fortnight.

She gave me this lovely orchid and a hug to thank me for her stay. I was very touched.


Garden of Holiday Cottage at Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion Lizard
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Look who likes to eat my pansies. No wonder the rabbits in my garden all have fat tummies. Isn't it cute.

I am now off for a well earned cup of tea and some TLC from Ray my DH (Ray I know you will read this so please can I have a bar of chocolate with the cup of tea).

I couldn't find my rubber gloves today to do all that cleaning so I need lots of hand cream before I pick up any silks tonight.

Many heartfelt thank yous for all the kind comments yesterday, I have been overwhelmed by everyone's kindness.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx