Friday 13 January 2012

And They Sinned


And They Sinned

I thought that I would share with you this week's progress on ATS. I haven't managed much stitching time with every thing else that has been going on but the time I have managed has been productive.



And They Sinned

I have completed Page 4 with the exception of the final wording across the bottom with dates which I always leave until the end of a project and filling in the green background. I have stitched three test areas for the background.

In the bottom right hand corner I have used Green Apple which is a beautiful colour and looks good in the small area but when balanced against the whole piece I think it looks too light. The bottom being the foreground should be a stronger green by comparison.

I then combined Shutter Green and Green Apple and stitched the area above the pond and two rows at the bottom of the green band at the top of the page. When I looked at the piece overall I think that this gives more texture and works better dimensionally.

Seagull in the seaside holiday cottage garden Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


It is a beautiful sunny day at on The Lizard Penisula with a brilliant blue sky as you can see from the photo of the seagull taken this morning.

The air is filled with the scents of spring and bird song.


 Chaffinch feeding in the seaside holiday cottage garden Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Blue Tit  in the seaside holiday cottage garden Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk



Chaffinch in the seaside holiday cottage garden Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk




Great Tit in the seaside holiday cottage garden Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


I wish I was out walking with Poppy and Blue but the cottages are changing over today so work has to come first, maybe later this afternoon we might slip out.


 Exploring rock pools Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Late yesterday afternoon we went down to the beach and they had great fun mostly digging in the wet sand and running around the rocks and rock pools at the side of the cove.


We had the beach pretty much to ourselves.



Exploring rock pools Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Yesterday evening we had a small family celebration for my future DIL who's birthday is on the weekend.  Ray cooked a delicious curry from the cookery book he received this Christmas and I made the dessert -  Betty's Never Fail Chocolate Pie and true to its name the recipe worked and it was scrumptious. Betty's blog Samplings from Spring Creek  is well worth a visit. I so enjoy reading about her stitching and life with Applejack and Miss Callie Mae Calico.

I noticed from yesterday's posts that a lot of my American pin pals are experiencing or were expecting to experience bad weather. I hope that you are all safe and tucked up warm with plenty of supplies.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx