Tuesday 3 January 2012

To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June


And They Sinned

I was happy with my progress yesterday on ATS, the hours flew by and before I knew it the midnight hour had arrived. I could have carried on as I was so wrapped up in stitching this piece but I had to get up early this morning.

Now that the shops have re-opened today I have managed to source some of the threads on back order from another supplier and will hopefully have them tomorrow.

We had a terrible storm blowing through the night, my poor garden and roof !!

I had to go out for a hairdressing appointment this morning and a visit to the post office to send Siobhan's and Margaret's kits. It was not the day for driving but it is difficult to get an appointment with my hairdresser and when a girl's hair needs doing it's got to be done.

I had cobwebs on my car as it hadn't been used for a while.

The lanes were littered with branches, one whole tree and dustbins galore.


View of Poldhu Cove from Trewoon, Mullion, Lizard, Cornwall
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

The sea is at it's magnificent best today. We had a very high tide and the big waves have been rolling in and crashing on the rocks. So mesmerising to watch. The waves look so small from up here but if you go down through the garden and onto the beach they really are HUGE.

It is still windy but the sun has now come out. I think that we will have to do quite a bit of tidying up in the garden this afternoon.

Maybe some sewing tonight.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx