Thursday 22 December 2011

Time To Stop And Stare

Here is a little something I have stitched but have not yet found the right frame for.



I can't find the chart I used but I think that it was by LNS. Tell me if I am wrong so I can correct the post. What I do remember is the feel of the Belle Soie silk as it passed though my fingers. Just like butter. Belle Soie silk has to be in my top five favourites to use. What are yours ?

I had to force myself out yesterday on what was a dark, overcast day, yet when I got out there was so much of nature's beauty to see. As I walked and stopped to look around me I thought of the poem "Time To Stop And Stare".

What is this life if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.



Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk



No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep, or cows.


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


No time to see,in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they dance.


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


No time to wait until her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


A poor life this, if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk



If I had stayed in I would have missed so much.

I have had a morning of chores but am now having some me time. The top priority is to order Ann Medd from the Scarlet Letter. I have managed to track down a UK store that stock it Wye Needlecraft, they appear to be the only one.

It can often be cheaper to buy from the USA but I think that on this occasion taking into account the import duty and shipping it is better to order from the UK.

If anyone has the BOAF chart Dashing Through The Snow or Blackbird Designs - Blessings Be Thine there is a good home waiting. I have lots of charts that I can swop with you.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

 Nicola xxx