Sunday 11 December 2011

From My Hands To Your Heart

Earlier this year I made a quilt as a wedding gift for my son and his fiance. They are getting married next year.


Quilt Front



From My Hands To Your Heart



Pink Ticking Back




Appliqued Flowers on the back




Appliqued Flower on the back with the message
From My Hands To Your Heart


The quilting and the applique flower centres on the front of the quilt took ages to do but I was pleased with the results.  The quilt was a custom die cut kit from Karen at The Running Chicken . I just bought some extra fabric for the applique work. The kit was perfectly cut with excellent assembly instructions.

Karen offers the most beautiful long arm quilting service.

Karen has a Blog Hop Giveaway at the moment. There are two gorgeous Moda Charm Packs to be won. Check out her blog and her web site.

The weather is horrible today. High winds, driving rain and black clouds. No walks today unless the weather improves.

I have a web cam at Trewoon and for the last eighteen months I have kept a daily archive of life at Poldhu Cove. When we get the new super fast internet I will be putting the whole archive on the web. At the moment our upload speeds are not good enough.

Here is a video of an October day condensed down to 1.40 minutes. It starts and finishes in the dark so give it a few seconds to get going.




The web cam is in the window of one of our bedrooms. Did you spot the reflection of one of my cross stitches.



Diamond Sampler - Historical Sampler Company

Strictly Come Dancing was so good last night. Can't wait for the results tonight. I think that Jason, Chelsea and Harry will get through although Holly's Argentine Tango was awesome. So nice to see a celebrity that has some curves.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx