Friday 23 December 2011

And They Sinned


And They Sinned

ATS is progressing nicely and I am now on Page 2 of the chart. I am still waiting for three thread colours to arrive but that will not be until after Christmas. I had some of the Shutter Green in my stash but I have now exhausted that so the grassy mount is looking a bit bare.

I am enjoying the colours. The peacock blue that I used last night is gorgeous.


And They Sinned

When stitching a sampler I like to discover the meaning behind the figures. The symbolism of Peacocks is very interesting.

In general, the Peacock is representative of glory, immortality, royalty, and incorruptibility. It is a possessor of some of the most admired human characteristics, and is a symbol of integrity and the beauty that can be achieved when we endeavour to better ourselves and better our lives.

In history, myth, legend & lore, the peacock is considered an emblem of protection, nobility, watchfulness, guidance, and holiness.

In Christianity the peacock represents the “all-seeing” church and the holiness & sanctity associated with it.  Additionally, the peacock represents resurrection, renewal and immortality within the spiritual  teachings of Christianity.



The Chocolate Box Poldhu Cove Lizard Cornwall
A Luxury Holiday Cottage With Panoramic Sea Views

It has been a busy day at Poldhu today. We have visitors arriving at Rest-a-Shore and The Chocolate Box for the Christmas break but our preparation work is now finished and we are looking forward to welcoming our guests.

I would like to share with you some more photographs that I have received from John Wright, a very gifted amateur photographer who holidays in our cottages.


Waves breaking on the rocks at Poldhu Cove by John Wright
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

We have some fantastic sunrises and sunsets on the Lizard.


Sunrise at Lizard Point Cornwall by John Wright
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Sunrise at Kennack Sands Lizard by John Wright
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

The coves and beaches on the Lizard are magical places to explore. John has captured the spirit of Kennack Sands beautifully in this shot.


Kennack Sands Cornwall by John Wright
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Ann Medd has been purchased although I will have to wait on delivery as the store has to order the kit from the States. It is such a beautiful sampler that I have decided to push the boat out and to use silk as opposed to cotton floss.

Thank you again Margaret and Laurie for recommending this sampler to me. I know that I will have many hours of pleasure stitching it and hopefully many years of enjoying looking at it on the walls of my home. It is definitely not one to give away.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx