Wednesday 30 November 2011

Next Projects and Some Christmas Ornaments

I was hoping to finish my Dutch Beauty Sampler yesterday but ran out of some of the threads. I find it very annoying when you buy a kit and run out of supplies when you have used the threads carefully. I only have a small peacock to stitch and it will be finished. 

I will post a photograph when finished as it is very crumpled from handling at the moment and will not photograph well.

I have decided my next big project will be to stitch all of Victoria Sampler's Alphabet series as one big piece. I have the supplies ready with the exception of the charms which I shall select further into the project.





I have been looking forward to this project for some time and after the monotony of several months' stitching using the same thirteen cotton floss colours the range of colours, vibrancy and textures of these silk threads will be so beautiful.

I am also going to start a Hardanger project to varying my stitching . I have been inspired by  Nouli who has stitched some gorgeous Hardanger pieces. Please have a look at her blog, you will not be disappointed.

I have ordered The Lace Garden chart by Cols Creation


This will be a framed piece rather than a mat so I plan to add some bead work and some Krenick Braid.

I thought that I would share with you some ornaments that I stitched for Christmas 2010










And here is Snowflake by Little House Needleworks.


I love this one so much that it has stayed out all year.

Its another windy day here at Trewoon and after a night of heavy rain the ground is very wet. As my chores have been finished and there is a casserole simmering in the AGA I am going to take Poppy and Blue for a bracing walk along the coast path. When we get back I am going to settle down to finally finish Dutch Beauty. Yey !!

Warm wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

Nicola